December 14, 2010

Homecoming and Halloween 10'

Friday, 10/17 was homecoming week in Darien High School. This is my first time to experience what exactly homecoming is. American High school is incredible awesome! And when people asked me, “What do you like so far about America?” I’d always say, “The people and the high school!” Well, one thing that changed my mind about American kids is that they are not as individualist as I thought. They are nice, they like to smile and always say “Hi” even they don’t know each other! And the High school program incredible awesome! We have a bunch of cool activities.'Homecoming Party' one of activities at the end of the week.

Homecoming Party
In this week, all students in the school are expected to wear a special dress code everyday depending on the theme. We had Sports Character as our theme (I wanted to wear Football actually! But i dont have it ..), Pajamas were the theme on Wednesday (all students just wore a silly clothes and stuff), Elementary School day and Blue Wave Pride day were to others theme. It was pretty cool to have it. And it was my first football game in America, Pretty cool.

Football games on Homecoming Week
Me and My Brother (Luke)
Halloween! It was my first Halloween in my life and i dressed up as a Buzz Lightyear and my brother as a Sherrif Woody, Toy Story is our favorite one. Buzz Lightyear, He is a space ranger and is one of the main protagonists of the films. Buzz is a space ranger from the Intergalactic Alliance and is stationed in the Gamma Quadrant of Sector 4. He is the captain of the Alliance's Team. Lightyear is known for his bravery and courage. Buzz believes that following rules is the way people should live their life. Though a great leader, at times he can be rather unemotional, one of his biggest character flaws. And my brother as a sherrif woody. Woody is an old-fashioned pull-string cowboy doll. The voice-box that is activated by the pull-string says many simple phrases such as "Reach for the sky!", "You're my favorite deputy!" and "There's a snake in my boot!". In the three films, Woody makes two strong friendships with Buzz and Jessie. He and Buzz are very close and care deeply about each other and will do anything for each other. And I hope my relationship with my brother ‘luke’ will be like lightyear and woody!

Me and Lucy in Pumpkin Farm
Anyway, Halloween is an annual holiday observed on October 31, which commonly includes activities such as trick-or-treating, wearing costumes and attending costume parties, curving jack-o’-lanterns, bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, playing pranks, telling scary stories, and watching horror films.

“Trick or Treat”. It’s actually Kid’s stuff. The children will walk door to door in their neighborhood to say : “trick or treat!” and then their neighbors will give them candy. Everybody has their own costume. Ghost, Superman or Spiderman, Singer, Superstars, Silly Costume, ipod, or even Fireman! Well, it was pretty dumb for me actually, take a walk couple miles just for candy. And the weather was freakin’ so i got frozen. We walked for two hours until dark and i was like feeling going to die coz of the wind and finally we got home and i made a cup of hot chocolate and save our bunch of candies.

Trick or Treat with the kids :D
On friday, i went to The Halloween Party in one of my friend houses with my buddies. (I dressed up as a Buzz Lightyear of course) and we got a lot fun. The venue of the party was not in the nightclub, but it was in the place like a private house. So, we got a dance and have fun for about three hours. I love American party. It’s a lot of fun! When they starts the music and everybody dance like a crazy people, i’ll forget all my burdens. (Well, Do i any burden actually??) -.-

No comments: